Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Chicago-time!

I'm logging some serious hotel time here in Chicago since I have discovered my newest fun toy. I call it www.priceline.com. Hands down the best way to get a hotel room in NYC, but also apparently not too shabby for Chicago! So I have gotten into my new and awesomelicious apartment, but sadly I have non of my furniture! Tomorrow is my first night in the apartment and I will be spending it on a borrowed flotation device. Sadly I also have to buy the following items in advance of my ridiculous trip to Peru that will take place on saturday:
- Fleece (200 weight, whatever that means)
- Gortex Shell, which there seem to be thousands of so my trick will be to find the cheapest possible
- Hiking pants..i don't even really know what these are, but apparently i need the kind that are "fast wicking" (??)
- thermal shirts
The problem with the whole peru trip is that they keep asking me to buy things that seem to contradict themselves...some of them are things for hot conditions, while others are for cold conditions. I have no idea what the actual temperature will be!
Sadly I have a feeling its hot at the bottom and cold at the top as we approach machu pichu.
SOOO in order to prepare for the big trip, I am declaring this "UNhealthy week", which I have christened with the following activites:
1) Moving to Chicago, America's fattest city (this year)
2) Eating Chicago-style deep dish pizza, which is friggen awesome and horrible for me
3) Failing to go to the gym since last thursday
4) toasted ravioli...a new addiction?
5) soup in a bread bowl
Good news though...today was completely alcohol free! Lets see what tomorrow has in store!
*Note* For those of you that care, Ish and I would frequently declare certain weeks "healthy week" in an attempt to force ourselves to eat healthily and go to the gym. While it was frequently unsuccessful, it created fun office morale. Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home