Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tukey-lurkey Time!

This is my third day in Turkey, and it is awesome! OK, its not as dirt cheap as I would have liked (its about as expensive as going to Canada...maybe a little bit cheaper, but sadly not as cheap as Australia was back when I lived there in 2002-2003. And maybe it isn't as pristine and clean as I would have liked, but there is something awesome about seeing buildings that are 1500 years old and MASSIVE. Also the people here seem super friendly and the weather has been great. Life is good. I'm traveling with my former Citi-monster coworkers Quyen and Ish, and it has been good times. Not as much beer/wine consumption as I might have been used to, but I'm in good shape. I still miss China, but I'm slowly getting used to life in the western world again! The craziest thing is that here in Istanbul there is the "European side" of the city on one side of the Bosphorus, and the "Asian side" on the other.
Anyway, I have posted my HK/Singapore/Malaysia pictures, and I was lucky enough to be able to spend 24 incredibly expensive hours in London. Somehow 90% of my Australian friends are currently in London, and it was really awesome being able to catch up with them. Definitely a good bunch of kids, so I was really happy, and now I feel like I want to spend some quality time in Europe! ACK! The world is too big but too small at the same time. So now my challenge is somehow optimizing the following:
1) Finding a job
2) Being someplace interesting and near friends
3) Oppotunities to travel
4) Trying to retain the Chinese I learned (and maybe the Spanish I learned)
5) Somehow managing to see my family
Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home