Sunday, July 02, 2006

Budapest Wackyness

OK, so Budapest has been rainy as sh*t! We had a group of six folks today (Kelly, cousin Joyce, Mike - friend of Kelly's, Gillie - no idea how to spel, and Eve) and we wandered the Buda castle area IN THE RAIN this afternoon before ducking into the WACK-ASS Buda Castle labyrinth, which is this weird set of ancient tunnels under the castle + art installation that tries really hard to be "deep", which I of course hate. There was a point in which we were watching a video which was literally an ad or the labyrinth WHILE WE WERE IN IT, and I just couldn't stop laughing (i mean like ridiculous tears and heavy belly laughter) because the movie was so terrible. I was literally laughing AT the video.
So anyway, long story short we wandered through the rain all day and it sucked, but Budapest itself is really awesome. I feel like its part evil cousin to Paris, part evil twin to Vienna, part second cousin twice removed from Buenos Aires, and part kickass eastern-euro big city. This place is huge and I'm loving it. Also the Hungarians themselves are really diverse (for white people) and love spicy food! So of course I'm a fan.
I will have more to write, but long story short the trip keeps pluggin along. I can't believe that I'm so close to ending my "big trip". China feels like such a long time ago, although I feel more than before that I really miss it...I guess some things can be surprising....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home