Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Old friends, Old Enemies

Today was both fantastic and miserable.

The good news: I got t meet up with my old friend Carmen whom I haven’t seen in almost 10 years!! We went to college together, then she moved to Hong Kong followed by Jakarta. Now she is living in Jakarta full-time, and is a mother of two!! Its always so great to see old friends, and it was lots of fun to catch up. Also we had the most amazing Japanese dinner ever! Teppanyaki with foie gras, abalone, steak, and lots of garlic! AMAAAAAAHZING!

The bad news: Last night after a big first for me in Indonesia…my first case of food poisoning! As you may know if you have ever spoken with me about anything, I there are two forms of food poisoning. 1) barf and 2) poop. If you’re especially unlucky you will get hit by both! In this case, I had an attack on #2 (literally), which kept me up all night. I tried the pepto tablets, which did little to help. Then I upgraded to immodium, which also didn’t help. So then I pulled out the big guns and popped a cipro. I know, it was an aggressive move, but I can’t afford to be suffering from the sh*ts, so I drastic times called for drastic measures.

Yes, it was just a matter of time before I wrote in my blog about my bowel movements on this particular trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home